Earlier this month, TIM Ukraine 2015: Telecom, IT, Media, a two-day international conference, expo and meetup, was held at the exhibition center Acco International in Kyiv (Kiev). The event brought together 2,000 industry professionals (top managers, owners, investors, CTOs and CIOs) from 117 companies representing 9 countries.
These included Belarus, France, Germany, Georgia, Israel, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland and Russia, in addition to Ukraine.
More than 80 speakers and participants of discussions attended the event. Among the participating companies were Eutelsat, one of the leading European satellite operators, and Romsat, a Ukrainian distributor of equipment for television and telecommunication projects.
As reported by online publication Liga.Business, Eutelsat is considering launching a DTH-platform in Ukraine.
Among the topics discussed were the following:
- Solutions in video content distribution, delivery and reception;
- Modern digital telecom systems development;
- Construction and modernization of telecom networks and IT infrastructure;
- The prospects of ICT development;
- The ways to overcome Ukraine’s backwardness in the practical implementation of advanced telecom technologies.