The fourth edition of the Ukrainian E-commerce Awards 2016, the annual ceremony to honor top Ukrainian e-commerce startups, was held on April 14 in Kyiv (Kiev). The initiative brought together some 130 Internet projects.
The event showcased the best startups in each of five judging categories: the breakthrough of the year, the best e-commerce B2B solution, the e-commerce person of the year, the best marketing campaign of the year and the customers’ choice.
Among the winners of the customers’ choice category were the following companies:
- ModnaKasta, a Ukrainian clothing and footwear online store, was recognized as the best online store;
- Rozetka, the leading Ukrainian e-commerce site, was named the best online supermarket;
- PrivatBank, a major Ukrainian bank, was awarded as the best online service for ticket purchasing;
- OLX, the leading Ukrainian classifieds service, topped the category of e-services with a revenue model based on commission fees.
The winning companies were chosen by online vote by some 10,000 customers among a list of companies pre-selected by the jury.
Among these experts were Oleksandr Olshanskiy, the president at Internet Invest Group, Olena Minitch from the Ministry of economic development and trade of Ukraine, Yevgen Sysoyev, managing partner at AVentures Capital, Oleksii Vitchenko, CEO at DigitalFuture and others.
Among the companies which bested in the rest of the categories were the following:
- Nova Poshta, a leading Ukrainian delivery and logistics service company, was honored for the implementation of the best e-commerce B2B solution;
- OLX was awarded for the best advertising e-commerce campaign in 2015;
- ModnaKasta was named “the breakthrough of the year” for having introduced significant changes in almost every aspect of its online business – from new pricing, to CRM, to new services.