On October 6, Kyiv hosted Ukrainian E-commerce Congress 2016, a leading industry event which brought together nearly 1000 industry professionals, including more than 60 foreign and local experts. Thirty six companies exhibited at the conference.
These experts outlined the main trends of the Ukrainian ecommerce market.
- Rapid growth of marketplaces
- Growth of social and mobile commerce
- Development of the sharing economy
- Growing popularity of foreign sites (cross-border e-commerce)
- Low rate of competition between online players.
“In 2015 [industry association] Ecommerce Europe called Ukraine the fastest growing e-commerce market in Europe. In order not to lose this leadership, our players need to move forward with greater speed,” says Irina Kholod, CEO of Ukrainian E-commerce Expert, the organization which organized the event.