Six Ukrainian tech startups were selected to attend the annual Computer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas from January 8-11, 2019. This will be the third year that the Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (UVCA) and the Western NIS Enterprise Fund (WNISEF) jointly sponsor the UA Tech Expo Zone at this global technology event that draws more than 180,000 visitors each year.
UA Tech was first established at CES 2017 to acquaint global markets with the high quality of Ukrainian tech products and the country’s skilled IT workforce.
Among the team of Ukrainian and foreign experts and investors who chose the startups was the Kyiv-based company Concepter. This consumer technologies and product design firm also runs a global hardware accelerator for startups in the fields of electronics and wearable tech.
UVCA, WNISEF and Concepter are responsible for the organization and financing of UA Tech for CES 2019.
The six companies selected for the expo were:
- Jollylook, a vintage instant analog camera made from recycled materials;
- RAWR, an IoT pet wearable smart collar with various features including a GPS;
- Nuka, – an eternal notebook and eternal pencil. The notebook is rewritable and the pencil never wears out;
- FunLight, an interactive VR attraction for shopping malls and theme parks;
- Flasty, an innovative 3D food printer for chocolate, dough and various food pastes;
- Photon LMS, an all-in-one modular photo studio.
All companies get free booth space, mentorship and training and media coverage.
In the last three years, Ukrainian startups have had an excellent opportunity to network with some of the major players in the global tech and consumer electronics communities at the annual CES event.