On Dec. 22 New East Tech Awards highlighted 11 startups from Eastern Europe operating in a variety of fields. Kyiv-based Looqme won the ‘Martech’ award.
Founded in 2017, this startup offers a suite of products to “assess brand health with a focus on increasing business results.” These solutions include ‘LOOQME Hub’ (tracking and analysis of mentions in the media and social networks), ‘Z-Index’ (brand reputation), and ‘Industry Watcher’ (benchmark and competitive analysis).
Among Looqme’s customers are local as well as international brands, from EPAM, Jooble and SoftServe to Carlsberg, Domino’s Pizza and McDonalds.
Earlier this year the company published an insightful report on the state of PR in Ukraine.
Eleven startups in total, most of them with roots in Russia and Estonia, were awarded. They received investment proposals from The Untitled, one of the most active investors in the region, as well as support from international partners, including $5,000 grants from Amazon Web Services and $1,000 vouchers from Miro.
A unique NFT statuette was created for each nomination by PushKeen, a digital content production agency based in St. Petersurg. These NFT statuettes were minted and listed on the OpenSea marketplace. Each winner is expected to receive their blockchain-enabled prize soon.
“As strong teams were awarded, the event confirmed the region is rich in talent. Betting on these startups at the early stage and helping them develop in a global perspective is a winning investment strategy,” stated The Untitled Managing Partner Konstantin Sinyushin.
The next (fifth) Emerge conference will take place in Armenia on May 25-26, 2022.
New East Tech Awards winners – December 2021
- Healthtech & Wellbeing: Amma: Pregnancy & Baby Tracker (Russia), an AI-powered mobile app that guides parents through the full cycle of pregnancy and baby care.
- Deeptech — Composite Vision (Russia): AI-powered solutions for non-destructive evaluation in maintenance processes in aerospace and manufacturing
- Smart City — CupLoop (Estonia): RFID reverse vending machines for reusable packages with light-speed collecting and deposit refund.
- Impact tech — Endangered Wildlife (Estonia): disruptive ‘Tech4Good’ fintech for the valuation of biodiversity
- The Most Global Startup — Fixar (Russia): a developer of full-stack autonomous robots.
- HR Tech — Inapp (Russia): a one-stop-shop platform for employee benefits plans.
- Metatech — It’s Alive Lab (Russia): full-cycle production of high-quality graphics for Metaverse including the creation of avatars, digital clothes, and environment.
- Martech — Looqme (Ukraine): solutions to assess a brand’s health by monitoring social media, blogs, online and offline media, reputation tracking, etc.
- Cybersecurity — MySafeTrade (Russia): a provider of digital safe trades for digital goods or services
- Retail tech — QVALON (Russia): a cloud-based solution to “manage, monitor, and magnify your retail business.”
- Fintech — Raison App (Estonia), a blockchain-enabled marketplace for late venture investments starting from just €1 euro.