In spite of the war, Ukrainian tech entrepreneurs and investors continue developing their businesses across the world. Here are notable venture events of July 2022, as reported by Ukraine Digital News and other media:
- US-based, Ukrainian-cofounded Unstoppable Domains was valued at $1 billion as it completed a $65 million funding round involving 19 investors. The new unicorn specializes in domains secured by blockchains.
- Preply, a Ukrainian-founded online tutoring platform headquartered in the US, raised $50 million its Series C round. Preply connects those learning a foreign language to more than 170,000 online teachers, using machine learning to achieve the best match.
- YouScan raised $2 million from its existing investors Kinnevik & VNV Global AB. YouScan helps businesses monitor, analyze and compare consumer opinions posted in social media. This company with Ukrainian and Russian roots was founded in 2009 by Ukrainian entrepreneur Alexander Orap.
- Ukrainian-founded startup Adwisely received $1.5 million from a diversified pool of investors in Silicon Valley. Adwisely offers an alternative to hiring an advertising agency, which many e-commerce SMBs cannot afford.
- Ukrainian TA Ventures and ICLUB took part in a $125 million round for Barcelona-based orthodontic startup Impress. These Ukrainian investors have been supporting the startup since its first funding round. According to AIN.Capital, the valuation is under $1 billion.
- Ukraine-based investment fund Flyer One Ventures, a spinoff of local tech company Genesis, invested $550,000 in Peech to help it expand across Europe and the USA.